Session Goals: Coming out of this session, students will:
- Learn what makes a good college fit
- Learn how many schools a student should apply to
- Learn how to research colleges
- Learn how to understand if a college is a reach, target, or likely school
- Learn how to strategize about early applications
Recurrence: Single session
Session length: 1 hr
Class size: 1 student/family per session
Supply list: Please come prepared with your most recent GPA, course list for this academic year, SAT/ACT test scores (if any), draft college list (if any), and essay topics or drafts (if relevant). Optional printer access recommended for in-session exercises.
Parent Notes: Come to the session prepared to answer questions about your student and their academic performance. A little reflection ahead of time makes for a productive session.
Teacher Experience: Alison M.
Alison joined Signet Education in 2022, bringing with her nearly two decades of experience working in selective college admissions. In addition to being a member of the National Association of College Admissions Counseling (NACAC), she graduated from Washington University in St. Louis and holds a Bachelor of Arts in Accounting and Anthropology.
Alison M. stands out because:
- She read thousands of college applications and made admissions decisions for 12 years at Washington University in St. Louis.
- As a private school college counselor for over 7 years, she has helped countless students navigate course selection, extracurriculars, college lists, standardized testing, college essays, and athletic recruiting.
- She loves being the biggest cheerleader for her students as they navigate each of their unique journeys.
Clients and students love Alison because:
- She is incredibly student-centered and holistic in her counseling.
- She is friendly, knowledgeable, and meticulously organized.
- She is an expert on how applications are read at selective colleges and what families go through in the process of preparing and applying to college.
About Signet Education:
At Signet, we help teens find their path through high school, college, and beyond through a suite of academic and coaching services including one to one tutoring, standardized test prep, admissions consulting, and academic coaching.